The world of blockchain and cryptocurrency continues to evolve and challenge professionals in various fields to understand it and find further use cases. From time to time, these professionals meet to discuss their findings and the new developments. They share these ideas not just between each other, but also with crypto enthusiasts and the general public.
For this reason, each year we see an increase in the number of events dedicated to blockchain and crypto. These events are either highly specialised (aimed at developers and other professionals) or aimed at the general public who want to understand more about the technology.
Why Should You Attend a Crypto/Blockchain Conference?
Blockchain is already making inroads into our lives and will continue to grow in importance. Many industries are already finding practical applications for this technology and are integrating it into the way they manufacture goods and supply services. At the same time, cryptocurrencies are maturing into an acknowledged store of value at global level.
Sometime in the future, it will be just as common to perform transactions with cryptocurrencies as it is now with fiat currencies. When that moment arrives, you should have all the information about how crypto works and why it all matters.
Therefore, we have, for your convenience, selected the top blockchain and crypto events in 2019 taking place in the UK:
1. London Blockchain Week
When: 08-14 February
Where: Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, London
The third edition of London Blockchain Week will bring together crypto enthusiasts, blockchain developers, professionals, as well as members of regulatory bodies. Among the featured speakers for this year are:
- Lee Rowley, MP, the House of Commons
- Adi Ben-Ari, Founder and CEO, Applied Blockchain
- Dr. Jane Thomason, CEO, Blockchain Quantum Impact
- Charles Storry, Head of Strategic Partnerships, SVK Crypto
- Daniel Doll-Steinberg, Co-Founder, Atari Token
- Danielle Khayat Saikaly, Senior Lecturer, ESCP Europe Business School
Some of the topics covered by the speakers will be for instance: how blockchain could be used for social impact, security and cryptography, and token design and economics. The speakers will also talk about global regulation updates, legal considerations and investing in blockchain. And of course, one of the sessions will also look at the last 12 months in the blockchain and crypto world, as well as offer future predictions.
Tickets cost between £346.80 and £1.018.80 and can be purchased here.
When: 12-14 February
Where: Tobacco Dock, London
Business leaders and representatives from top financial institutions will get together in London to present the latest fintech demos and real life applications of blockchain technology. If you are interested in the ways blockchain and cryptocurrencies will transform the financial industry, this is an event you must not miss.
Many financial companies will be presenting demos, including companies such as Denizen Financial, Eurobits Technologies, ITSCREDIT, Launchfire and Monobank.
Among more than 120 speakers who will participate at FinovateEurope are experts including:
- Jeremy Wilson Vice Chairman, Corporate Banking, Barclays
- Giancarlo Esposito, Head of Payments and Domestic Cash Management, Intesa Sanpaolo
- Laurent Marochini, Head of Innovation, Société Générale
- Lana Abdullayeva, Director, Open Banking & PSD2, Lloyds Banking Group
- Emil Matsakh, Chief Analytics Officer, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Brett King, Founder and CEO, Moven
You can purchase your ticket here and enjoy early booking discounts until the 1st of February.
3. Crypto Investor Show
When: 01-02 March
Where: QEII Centre, London
If you are, or plan to become, a crypto investor, this is the event that should be on your 2019 calendar. Described by the organisers as “Europe’s largest crypto & blockchain event for investors”, the event will feature 3 stages, 90 speakers, 80 exhibitors as well as over 4,000 attendees.
Some of the notable speakers at Crypto Investor Show are:
- Stephan Tual, former CCO, Ethereum and Founder, Atlas Neue
- Sally Eaves, CTO, Emergent Technology
- Gavin Brown, Senior Lecturer, Manchester Metropolitan University and Co-Founder
- Blockchain Capital Limited
- Sheree Ip, Board Member, Blockchain Australia
- Josh Riddett, Founder and Managing Director, Easy Crypto Hunter.
The topics covered during the 2-day event will, among others, also touch upon the questions such as:
- What are the next steps towards mass crypto adoption?
- How has the blockchain and crypto industry evolved?
- Has there been any regulatory progress?
- Are security tokens the future?
- Is now a good time to buy?
- How the ICO landscape has changed?
If you want to find the answers to these questions, get in touch with the organisers in order to secure your seat.
4. Blockchain Expo Global
When: 25-26 April
Where: Olympia Grand London
This conference features both free and paid events. Some of the free events that caught our attention fall into the categories such as blockchain for business, blockchain technology solutions, as well as innovations and investors. The topics are diverse. For example, they cover:
- Smart contracts
- Business case studies
- Management of identity
- Innovative startups
- Blockchain technology challenges
- Supply chain
- Blockchain disruptive solutions
Paid events are focused on various industries (manufacturing, transport, automotive, entertainment, retail, governance, healthcare etc.) that are most likely to benefit from the implementation of blockchain technology.
Some of the featured speakers include:
- Nkiru Uqaje, Blockchain Strategy Lead for UKI Enterprise, DELL
- Rhian Lewis, Founder, London Women in Bitcoin
- David Ferguson, Head of Digital Innovation, EDF Energy
- Billie Xu, Emerging Technology, London Stock Exchange Group
- Marta Piekarska – Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger
- Richard Stockley, Head of Blockchain, IBM UK & Ireland
If you are interested in this event, you can register here.
When: 04-06 June
Many interesting blockchain/crypto events happen in London, but not all. Bristol is home to the BLOCKERCON conference, an event aimed both at professionals and business owners who want to invest in or implement blockchain technology.
The event will include keynote presentations and training by industry experts, and feature workshops and coaching sessions for blockchain businesses, as well as exhibits and demos from blockchain startups. Investors will also be able to network, and participate in group discussions.
Speakers at BlockerCon 2019 will include experts such as:
- Hanifa Azri, Founder, Regal 38i83
- Ralph Liu, Founder and CEO of MuleChain, Inc.
- Erica Stanford, Co-Founder, Crypto Currency Simplified
- Matt Lockyer, Founder, Soloblock Solutions
- Cloudesley J.C.R. Hobbs, Chief Legal Officer, Dominion Bitcoin Mining Company
Prices for tickets at this event will rise incrementally over time, but until the 1st of March you can book your seat for £180.
Tamara is a marketing and PR professional, enthusiastic about crypto, blockchain and technology in general. She’s the editor at Bitcoin UK.